Welcome to the Cleveland Orchestra Youth Chorus Website!
- Bring a friend to COYC!
- Sunday, September 14 and Sunday, September 21
- If you are inviting a friend or relative please contact Michelle.
- The calendar was recently updated (Sept. 2nd)
- Please make sure you have the most up to date calendar
- You are invited to audition for Cleveland Orchestra Youth Chorus Chamber Ensemble (COYCCE)!
- Please email Michelle if you're interested.
About the Cleveland Orchestra Youth Chorus
The mission of the Cleveland Orchestra Youth Chorus is to help raise awareness of choral music-making in the schools of northeastern Ohio, to provide students with additional opportunities for performance and education beyond the classroom, and to encourage more students to continue their choral activities through college and into adulthood. This is achieved through the selection of quality literature, establishing and maintaining high expectations of each member, community outreach initiatives, support of choral music in the northeast Ohio schools, and the reinforcement of excellence in vocal techniques and musicianship. The Youth Chorus is supported by the Edward and Ruth Wilkof Foundation.
For more information on the Cleveland Orchestra Youth Chorus please contact:
Michelle Holy, Manager of the Youth and Children's Choruses
Phone: (216) 231-7374
- A prepared piece from OMEA Solo & Ensemble list - choral class AA/A/B Piece or equivalent
- Vocalization for range
- Sight reading
- Tonal memory
- $85.00 Tuition per chorus member
- Cost of performance attire
- Scholarships are available
- Students who will be in grades 9-12 in the fall
- Boys who will be in 8th grade in the fall whose voices have completely changed
- Students who will be college freshmen and majoring in music in the fall (by invitation of the Director)
- It is highly recommended and encouraged that students participate in their high-school choral program; however, we realize that there are some unusual circumstances (i.e. scheduling) that may prohibit that.
- The Youth Chorus season runs from mid-September through early April. Rehearsals take place on Sunday afternoons at Fairmount Temple in Beachwood.
- It is expected of all COYC members that learning and practice outside of rehearsal is a requirement, as in every professional ensemble.